Monday, March 03, 2014

CHAPTER 7: EN-ROUTE TO BLOGOSPHERE

Certain minor decisions can, sometimes, altogether alter the entire course of our life. Such changes may be for good or bad - may become the cause for a positive or negative attitude towards life. The interesting thing to note here is that, we often take such decisions in the most light-hearted way and without giving much thought about the impacts they may have in our future life. The importance of that decision, we took, may dawn upon us only after years. Only time can judge. Time will select and determine which decision to emerge as the king maker. In my life too, Time has chosen a minor decision as a king maker. It was my decision to enter into the Malayalam Blogosphere. I decided to start an account in Blogger on 14th November, 2006 and began to blog. This decision I took, altogether changed the course of my life in the most positive way, I should say.

I really started writing from my early life itself; after my school education, to be precise. During my college days, I was all by myself everywhere. No one was ready to befriend me; so nobody to converse with. This was the situation not only at my college but, roughly, at my native place also. In those days, my immense desire to communicate with someone manifested in the form of scribbles in my diary; literally I was conversing with that piece of paper. I wrote about all the incidents in my life, especially the ones which pained me a lot. Slowly these writings shifted from the frame work of mere notes about such incidents or the daily chores. They began to attain the flavour of literature, a hue of narration as in a novel. I must say, the absolute silence, into which I was forced to plunge, was the single most factor which aroused the passion for writing in me. 

Apart from such diary scribbles, I wanted to write some quality literature. This idea dawned in me during my stay at Trivandrum. One day, I happened to see some writings on my friend’s personal diary, which he kept open over the table. It was all about his lady love at the college. What he wrote cannot be called a poem, or a story... those were just words - the sweetest words coming from the depth of the heart of a love-smitten person. There was no specific structure to those writings, yet so beautiful. I was moved; and it filled me with a strong desire to write something on my own. But somehow I could not put in the efforts for that, then.

Two years passed. Once again I came to Trivandrum for the work at Keltron. I got a friend named Raju, and he was the reader, appreciator and critic of my writings. He praised me a lot for some of my works; at the same time, he pleaded with me to 'stop writing for ever’ seeing some of the others. I took all his criticisms in the right sense and never allowed his opinion to affect me in a negative way.  I continued my writing; and it attained the full momentum after I started a blog in my mother tongue, Malayalam.

Entry into the Blogosphere brought many beneficial changes to me. I became more vigilant while interacting with people. I noticed their style and personality. I tried to see even their normal behavioural patterns in an entirely different perspective - that is, adding some kind of an abnormality - and sought for a thread of story in them. I realised that a story writer should be a good liar and his imagination should flare without any limits. All these changed my outlook on life considerably. Abilities which were hitherto unknown to me myself, suddenly sprang to life! Thanks to the Blogosphere, they are now being well nurtured and protected.


Sometimes, we may have to face continuous setbacks in life. But there are various ways to forget or ignore such failures and keep our spirit and morale high. Desisting from all activities and shutting yourself up in an isolated compartment is not at all a remedy. It will only worsen the situation. Inertia is not something that human mind relishes or finds pleasure with; what it craves for is work, work and work - something to be engaged in and demands all its time, attention, interest and devotion. An idle mind will wander aimlessly through an un-realistic world, where there is minimal interference or influence from the material world, we live.  The absence of such reins from the real world hypes our mind to an uncontrollable level which, in turn, causes sheer wastage of our time and capabilities. Do not let ourselves lie trapped in such conditions; rise up and find out a new arena that is more engaging and interesting. That will make us strong enough to withstand the mental stress. I kept my calm & cool and remained comfortable in Blogosphere, even while being thrashed by continuous setbacks like severe discrimination etc. in my profession in the IT field. 

I thank all the Malayalam bloggers for the great support and inspiration they provided to me so lavishly.


What is 'HOPE'? Hope can be defined as a positive state of mind - expecting the occurrence of something we covet the most, either in the near or distant future. This definition may be inadequate. A definition must bring out the precise meaning, significance, depth and implication of a word. Thus defining something is a tough task indeed.

According to the time-span, we give, HOPE can be classified into two - Short term HOPE (which we expect to get realized within a short span of time) and Long term HOPE. For the former, we can fix a time-frame; these are less problematic. But the latter type is dangerous as we cannot always fix a comfortable time-frame for its realization. Such a long term HOPE, if not realized within the expected time, we will not give it up, instead, will allow more time for its realization. This process may continue endlessly such that in the end, HOPE shifts its domain from something that 'will happen’ to something that 'might happen’; i.e., from a Semi-Real state to the Non-Real state. In the former case, HOPE is something that holds a positive image while in the latter case HOPE may become the imagery of uncertainty. 

I made a major plan for my writing. A long term Hope was part of this plan. But I could not attach a flexible time frame to this due to the absence of a supporting system. Later, I made more plans with strict time frames, but all depending on the major plan. Thus, if the first plan collapses or gets postponed, the rest too will follow the suite. Matters progressed in that direction itself exactly as I feared. My first plan failed; so were the other plans too. 

I learned a good lesson from this experience. We should not devise such long term HOPEs because in that case, HOPE itself may become another hope in the course of time. Short term HOPEs are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment